Becky Buller is a multi-instrumentalist, singer, and producer from St. James, Minn., who has traipsed the world over performing bluegrass/Americana/roots music to fund her insatiable habit of songwriting. Her compositions can be heard on records by Ricky Skaggs, Rhonda Vincent, and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, to name just a few.
She wrote the title cut of Special Consensus’ album Scratch Gravel Road, a 2013 Bluegrass Album Of The Year Grammy nominee.
- 2018 IBMA Recorded Event of the Year – “Swept Away”
- 2018 IBMA Gospel Recorded Performance – “Speakin’ To That Mountain”
- 2016 IBMA Fiddle Player
- 2016 IBMA Female Vocalist
- 2015 IBMA Songwriter of the Year
- 2015 IBMA Emerging Artist of the Year
- 2015 IBMA Recorded Event of the Year for “Southern Flavor”
- 2014 Nominee for IBMA Songwriter of the Year
- Featured on the Spring 2012 cover of Fiddler magazine
- Winner of the 2006 IBMA Recorded Event of the Year award for her work with the Daughters of Bluegrass
- 2001 winner of MerleFest’s Chris Austin Songwriting contest
After graduating from East Tennessee State University in 2001, Becky spent ten years on the road with Valerie Smith & Liberty Pike and two years with Darin & Brooke Aldridge. She performs with the Daughters of Bluegrass when scheduling allows.
- Co-host of Thunder Radio’s Bluegrass Crossroads Show on WMSR in Manchester, Tenn.,
- Teaches instrumental music
- Graduate of Leadership Bluegrass class of 2003
- Member of the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) board since January of 2014